Artist, Producer, Side-Artist, and Master ROYALTOR Statements
Mechanical Licensing, Calculation, and Statement Production (U.S.)
Royalty Statement and Payment Distributions
SoundExchange Registration and Admin
Year-end 1099 Processing (U.S.)
How it all works:
As a label client, you will be assigned your own dedicated representative to walk you through the set-up process and serve as your primary point of contact here at Royalty Solutions Corp. Through the set-up process, your label representative will develop an in-depth understanding of the various nuances surrounding your reporting obligations and an intimate knowledge of your catalog that will prove to be invaluable over the course of your relationship with RSC.
Label Data Submissions:
After formally welcoming you aboard, your label representative will request the submission of the following items (if applicable):
- Contracts, Agreements, and Licenses - You can literally dump these on our desk. Our industry professionals will comb through your agreements line-by-line and enter the corresponding royalty models into our processing software. Rest assured knowing that we’ve yet to come across an agreement nuanced enough to put us off-balance. Over the years we’ve come across a host of “non-traditional” deal structurings and have been able to successfully process them all.
- Product Data - We will ingest and validate all of your product metadata creating an accurate and comprehensive catalog database.
- Label Expenses - We will ensure that all of the expenses incurred across your various projects are deducted/recouped from the appropriate parties, at the appropriate percentages.
- Third-Party/Synchronization Income - Let us know about any applicable ancillary income and we’ll ensure it is credited to the appropriate parties, at the appropriate rates and percentages.
- Distributor Statements/Portal Login - We will interface, reconcile, and ingest your sales data. Simply forward the data along, or provide us access and we’ll take it from there.
- Company Logo - Statements branded to your liking.
Statement Production and Delivery:
Royalty Solutions will provide you with accurate, timely, and professionally prepared royalty statements on a semi-annual, quarterly, or monthly basis depending on your reporting needs. If your reporting frequencies vary across royaltors – no worries, we can still accommodate you.
In the spirit of truly removing the tedium from your day-to-day operations, Royalty Solutions can also handle the statement and payment distributions on your behalf if you so choose.
We put each statement we produce through a rigorous reconciliation process ensuring complete accuracy ahead of delivery. Furthermore, we make certain to produce your royalty statements ahead of schedule leaving ample time for client revisions, adjustments, and approvals.
Mechanical licensing, including the subsequent royalty processing, payment, and statement distribution, are also among the many services offered by Royalty Solutions.
Through our Mechanical Licensing Portal, you can submit mechanical licensing request (individually or in bulk).
Upon receipt of your submission details, Royalty Solutions will research, confirm, and obtain mechanical licenses from all composition rights holders.
Through the Mechanical Licensing Portal you will conveniently be able to track the status of your license requests. You will also have the ability to download copies of the mechanical licenses for your records.
Mechanical Processing and Statement Distribution
Royalty Solutions can also handle your mechanical reporting obligations. RSC will process your sales data and generate mechanical royalty statements for quarterly distribution to the applicable rights holders.
Click the hyperlink to view an example of our Professionally Prepared Statements.
Statements are available in PDF, Excel, and Music Maestro compatible formats.
RSC also offers the option to generate and distribute year-end 1099 tax forms.
Form 1099 is a tax form that reports the year-end summary of all non-employee compensation. The 1099 form covers rent, royalties, self-employment and independent contractor income, crop insurance proceeds and several other kinds of miscellaneous income.