Dave Cool has some advice for music artists. He recently posted 5 things every musician should know on Bandzoogle.
- All songs have 2 different copyrights – one for the musical work and one for the sound recording.
- Every piece of music is automatically copyrighted as soon as it is written down or recorded.
- Register your songs with the copyright office anyway.
- There are special copyright laws for songs that are have two or more writers.
- Make sure you license all cover recordings. It’s easy to do.
For the detailed list see Bandzoogle.com